CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
A blog about infertility, adoption,and adoption loss which has finally led to a beautiful miracle who was worth smiling for."Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future."Proverbs 31:25

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 5, 2011

1 Month Old

Olive is a month old today.  Time has just flown by.  Having a baby in the house has been a sizable adjustment.  I have to say that I think it is even harder on couples who have 1. experienced infertility and been a family of two for any considerable amount of time & 2. have very little to no notice of baby's arrival.  Our world changed in 3 days.  Everything is different including the way we (hubby and I) relate to each other.  Honestly, it has been really hard and even at sometimes terrible - but we are getting settled.  I may write in more detail about my experience with this later.  For right now I just want to keep things positive around here. 
Olive is growing quickly.  She is already 10 lbs!  Overall she is a really good baby.  She usually only cries when she really needs something.  She has thrush, a herniated belly button, and neonatal teeth but other than that she is healthy.  We are so blessed.  My motto has been "My goal everyday is to keep her alive".  I say it with a light hearted laugh, but most of the time a part of me half way means it.  I am not at all confident in my mothering skills.  It amazes me how life becomes very basic and primal with a newborn.  Every little thing is an event, so all extra tasks; the ones that are not absolutely necessary go out the window.  When she poops and burps there is a celebration.  I've been staying with my mother during the week since hubby travels for his job.  She and I have bonded on a whole new level.  I'm so glad to get to experience this with her and I'm forever thankful for her help!  I have no idea how some women do this totally on their own. 
We had our first post placement visit on Oct. 17th.  It went fine.  We have been in contact with our lawyer to get things rolling.  MamaT still hasn't had any contact with the agency.  I think about her all the time.  I wish I could be sharing these things with her.
Happy 1 month birthday Olive!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It is definitely a hard adjustment, especially the first couple of months! It will get easier. So glad to hear baby Olive is doing so well and growing! Love the precious picture! God is good!

BumbersBumblings said...

oh my goodness, she's just precious! Congratulations. I agree, the first few weeks are really tough. We were in a similar situation as you. The good times are really awesome and the hard times are really tough!!

hang in there!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I had to smile at your description of these early days of parenting. My husband and I had an (older) friend tell us a few years after our daughter arrived that, "I could tell the two of you had NO IDEA what you were doing!" Fortunately she was kind enough not to tell us at the time. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews

Smile


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Site meter